Navigate Estate Administration in Arkansas with an Experienced Heber Springs Attorney on Your Side.
Understanding the Probate Process in Arkansas
Probate is the legal process that decides how your assets will be distributed and their debts paid after death. If your loved one owned their assets through a well-drafted and properly funded living trust, likely, the probate court is not necessary. However, the successor trustee needs to administer the distribution of the deceased’s assets in Arkansas.
The length of time needed to complete the probate of an estate depends on many factors. Those factors include the size and complexity of the estate, the Arkansas probate rules, and the schedule of the probate court. Probate and estate administration can be overwhelming, mainly if your estate includes significant assets, one or more businesses, or property in many locations.
The Value of Working with an Experienced Arkansas Probate and Estate Administration Lawyer
Each Arkansas probate and estate administration case varies depending on the circumstances, but specific steps remain constant. Our Heber Springs probate and estate administration lawyers can help you through this process:
- File a petition with the proper Arkansas probate court
- Notice to heirs under the legal document or to statutory heirs (if no Will exists)
- Petition to appoint Executor (in the case of a Will) or Administrator for the Arkansas estate
- Appraise and inventory estate assets by Executor/Administrator in Arkansas
- Payment of estate debt to rightful creditors
- Sales of Arkansas estate assets
- Payment of estate taxes, if applicable
- Final distribution of assets to heirs
White Law Firm will provide complete support throughout the probate and estate administration in Arkansas process, providing a successful and efficient outcome. Our Heber Springs law office is here to help you and your loved ones understand probate and estate administration. We welcome you to contact us to learn more about how we can help meet your estate administration or probate needs.